1. Carrick Rangers fans travelling by private car to Seaview for the NIFL League Cup Final on Saturday 18th February 2017 (17:30pm kick-off) are requested to consider local resident and emergency vehicle access when deciding where and how to park.
After the match fans are requested not to drive towards the ground on the Shore Road after the match to avoid traffic congestion.
2. Those travelling by Bus/Coach will be facilitated to park between Skegoneil Avenue and Northwood Parade. Police will advise coach parties of arrangements for exit time upon arrival.
3. Those travelling by train to Yorkgate Halt by special or service NIR trains are requested to comply with directions of NIR staff and PSNI in relation to their journeys and are requested to show consideration for other travellers and the local communities on their way to Seaview.
4. Police are reminding fans that there are specific offences created by the Criminal Justice Act NI 2011 in relation to soccer matches-
- Possession of Fireworks/ Flares etc
- Throwing Articles capable of causing injury
- Going on to the Playing area
- Sectarian Chanting
- Drinking on Passenger Carrying Vehicles
5. In addition all fans are reminded that the areas around the Stadium are “No Street Drinking” zones under Belfast City Council By-Laws. Any Street drinking taking place will be dealt with and any alcohol found seized.
6. Any public indecency offences such as urinating in public will be robustly dealt with.
7. Maximum Use of CCTV/ Landrover Roof Top and Hand Held Evidence Gathering will be made both inside and outside the Stadium as part of the Police Criminal Justice Strategy in an effort to deal with any offences which come to light.
Police will take all steps to identify and deal with anyone who has been or is committing offences.
8. It is vitally important for supporter and community safety that these instructions are complied with and that the impact of the event on the local residential and business communities in minimised.
It is hoped that a common sense approach to the evening will be adopted and the occasion enjoyed by all.