Crusaders 6-0 Carrick Rangers
Carrick Rangers suffered a hammering at Seaview as Crusaders dominantly swept the East Antrim side away, scoring six unanswered goals.

The league leaders opened the scoring after only two minutes. Paul Heatley’s deep corner was headed towards goal by Colin Coates, and Jamie Glackin was there to touch the ball over the line.


10 minutes later, the Hatchetmen doubled their advantage. Glackin turned from scorer to provider as his pass with the outside of the boot picked out the run of full-back Mark McChrystal who dispatched his shot past Harry Doherty and into the bottom corner.


Young winger Eamon Scannell looked to impress on his ‘Gers debut as he flashed a shot wide form distance before failing to hit the target when bearing down on goal.


Stephen Baxter’s men soon found their third on the half hour mark. Coates’ long delivery was met by the head of Billy Joe Burns to nod into the far corner.


The visitors very nearly pulled a goal back when Ralph Kottoy’s free-kick whizzed towards the net, but Brian Jensen was alert to push the ball away and ensure that Crusaders’ three goal advantage was intact at half time.


Andrew Mooney replaced Damien McNulty at the start of the second half as the ‘Gers looked for a way back into the game.


Mooney made an instant impact as he latched onto a loose ball in the box only to be brought down by Jensen, however referee Tim Marshall waved play on.


Minutes later, Rangers fell further behind. Paul Heatley capitalised on poor defending from his former side to find the net courtesy of a deflection off Mark Surgenor.


Eamon McAllister then replaced Eamon Scannell on the hour mark.


Debutant Darren Henderson had a good chance when the ball fell to him in the box, however he could only direct his shot past the post.


At the other end, Matthew Snoddy raced onto the ball just outside the area and cannoned a low shot off the base of the post.


Snoddy made amends moments later as he was picked out by substitute Jordan Forsythe to run through and lob the ball over the advancing Doherty for Crusaders’ fifth.


Gavin Whyte then looked to add his name to the scoresheet as his ferocious effort from distance was palmed away by Doherty.


As the game entered its final 10 minutes, Carrick’s final change saw Eamon McAllister come off injured, with Liam Hassin taking his place.


Doherty then had to be alert to make a great fingertip save to push David Cushley’s fierce strike over the crossbar.


The Taylors Avenue side had a chance to pull a goal back late on as Mooney capitalised on a slip from Coates to race through on goal, but his side-footed shot was comfortably gathered by Jensen.


Cushley again tried his luck seconds later as he dinked the ball towards the top corner only to be denied again by the resolute Doherty.


With one minute of normal time remaining, Jordan Forsythe’s header from a corner added a sixth goal for the Seaview men.


Young Whyte was unlucky not to add the 7th soon after as he sent the ball past the onrushing Doherty, only for it to hit the post and then be cleared on the line by Daniel Larmour.


Carrick Rangers: Doherty; Chapman, Gage, McNulty (Mooney, 45), Larmour; Surgenor, Taggart, Kottoy; Scannell (McAllister, 60), Henderson, Smith.


Unused substitutes: Smyth, Morrow.

updated: 28 January 2018
Carrick Rangers
Ballymena United
Belfast Loughshore Hotel Arena, Carrickfergus
Pre-Season Friendly
Saturday 21 July 2018, kick off: 3:00pm
17/07/2018v Linfield(H)F--more
07/07/2018v Ballynahinch Olympic(H)FW5-1more

 Ballinamallard United 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Ballyclare Com. 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Carrick Rangers 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Dergview 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Dundela 0 0 0 0 0 00
 HW Welders 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Knockbreda 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Larne 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Limavady United 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Loughgall 0 0 0 0 0 00
 Portadown 0 0 0 0 0 00
 PSNI 0 0 0 0 0 00